Thursday, August 16, 2007
Boys Are A Waste Of Time
That's it, the subject line says it all. :)...Anyway, I'm the luckiest girl in my flat. All my friends are having hang ups or problems because the boys they like are being exactly what they are -- boys. Immature, afraid of commitment (thinking that staying in a relationship longer than one month means is equivalent to some kind of marriage vow).I think that this time of the year is a time of inbetweeness. From the frenzy of Christmas, new years, Valentines day, suddenly a quiet time roles around and gives everyone a time to reflect. Of course, when guys think too much, they end up being silly. Yes, yes... girls can be silly too. Overthink about things and what's happened and cross analyze whatever guys do. But guys, honestly. I just don't get them.Although, to be hypocritical, I wouldn't mind having a guy right now. More for physical reasons rather than emotional ones (though the latter play a role as well). :PARE MEN SILLY? Tell me what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yes men are silly, but I whip mine into shape. And we talk about problems, not just let it muster and turn into something ugly. Though, it really depends on how willing the guy is to see the fact that girls are people too and not just subservient maids to men. Every man is a work in progress, really. Especially at this age.
Yes, men are silly. They will do things like drop a pineapple in the college toilet for shits and giggles.But hell, silly men are also fun men. Girls are too uptight, generally. (I don't exclude myself.)
That's true, but I meant that they're really silly when it comes to dealing with relationships. :P I know girls are silly in this respect as well, but I haven't had to experience that.A pineapple in the college toilet?? Did you make that up, or is that based on real life experience? That'd actually be pretty funny!
Any tips on how to whip them into shape? Maybe I could buy all my friends whips for their birthdays :PIt's so strange how guys think they can make relationship decisions without consulting girls first. I thought I did the safe thing by dating someone a few years older, but then he went and decided to break up with me at the end of the summer, before summer even began (because, unknown to me, he'd be moving away from london).
Well, that too... I don't think it's so much silly how they deal with relationships as it is just completely different. Men's brains are wired very, very differently... such as, they don't want to discuss the problem, they just want an instant feel-better. I think that may actually work well for them, but it doesn't work well for girls... I also think that sometimes girls just have to learn to let things go. On the other hand, guys just have to learn that their girlfriends won't feel better until they talk things out.As for the pineapple thing, my ex was telling me the other day about how he was going to do that, actually. While he hadn't done it yet, I definitely am not expecting him to back out for any reason. Hell, I told a friend about it here and he wants to surprise his roommate with it, complete with a fruits basket on the back.
Very very true.That sounds hillarious, although it seems to be a waste of fruit. Mmm pinapple with cheese... :)
I'm a domineering person, hence, unafraid of confrontation with issues. I lay it out like it is and I shape and mold as I see fit to solve the problem. It IS about compromise, but there is a point where something needs to be set so that things like that don't happen again. Also, once in a while men like to feel needed, so I can't just ignore him for really long for doing work, so I have to spend lotsa time with him and such. And if they feel needed, they don't think I'm being as domineering as I am. Though, the other thing may be because of my bisexuality, I do take a more leading role in relationships with females. And I still get lotsa girls hanging onto me even though I'm in a stable relationship with a guy. He doesn't seem to mind though...probably 'cause of that male obsession with lesbians...
Post a Comment